The world famous self-help book "Think and grow rich" by Napoleon Hill describes a method by which desire for riches can become reality by following six definite practical steps. I personally don’t agree or believe that life is about making as much money as possible. But I believe the method works for other dreams as well and therefore I have decided to rewrite the golden formula here:
1. Fix in your mind the exact dream that you desire. It is not sufficient to merely say "I want a good job, plenty of money or a nice boyfriend". Be as specific as possible.
2. Determine exactly what you intend to give in return for the thing/dream that you desire. (there is no such reality as "something for nothing")
3. Establish a definite date when you intend to possess the thing you desire.
4. Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire, and begin at once, whether you are ready or not, to put this plan into action.
5. Write out a clear, consise statement of the thing you intend to acquire, name the time limit for its acquisition, state what you intend to give in return for it, and describe clearly the plan through which you intend to accumulate it.
6. Read your written statement aloud twice daily, once just before going to bed at night, and once after getting up in the morning. As you read – see and feel and believe yourself already in possession of the thing/dream you desire. If you can also produce an image of the the thing/dream you desire it will be even more powerful.
Good luck making all your dreams come true.
3 thoughts on “Think and grow rich: the 6 steps that turns dreams into reality”
Where have my dreams gone ?
A long time has passed me by.
My struggle is still going on
and will never cease.
My university’s alma mater ends like this.
“With passionate hopes in mind,
I look up at the Polaris shining brightly
in the north.”
You are much closer to it now
Let me revise my translation
on behalf of my university
located in the northernmost prefectureã€€
“With my passionate hopes in mind,
I solemnly look up at the Polaris
shining brightly in the north.”
I used to be literally and actually solemn.
Brilliantly written!!! Just recently started a podcast on blogtalkradio “The teachings of Think and Grow Rich” and would love to have you on the show as a guest. Think and Grow rich promises to help you determine Who you want to become? What it is you want to do? When it‘s going to happen? Why THE MISSION IS POSSIBLE? And how you’re going to attain it? All through the aid and application of the “unknown and unused knowledge and power” they termed the “Carnegie Secret.” Timeless!